What Separates The Best Athletes In The World From Everybody Else?
Athletes in the top tier of any sport know that pure talent and natural athleticism aren’t enough to distinguish the absolute best competitor. They all will agree that a standout athlete must focus on the following three things: training methodology, diet, and discipline above all else. The problem here is that they *all agree* that these things are important, and it’s not simply enough to want it more than the other guys or girls. Every single one of those elite athletes is paying attention to those things, and giving their absolute best in every workout, every day.
Question: If you take two equally-gifted athletes, who both have excellent training programs, and both have the drive and discipline to put in the work, which one is going to stand on the podium at the end of the day?
The answer is simple: The one who didn’t get injured.
The Difference For The True Champions Is That They Were Able To Train More Consistently And Recover Faster Without Getting Sidelined By Injuries.
At Applied Physical Medicine, we understand where your needs differ from recreational athletes. Athletes who train with specificity at the volume necessary to become a world-class competitor have major time-constraints. They need to have a direct line to an expert on their bodies, someone who can get in and take care of concerns quickly before they become problems. In fact, the mindset shift that our best patients achieve is that they don’t wait to call us until they start hurting, but instead they call us as soon as they think, “Something’s wrong.”
Our Elite Athlete Wellness program is designed to be a direct, easy pipeline to treatment and recovery.
Here Are The Advantages To Becoming A Patient At APM:
- Fast, flexible appointment scheduling
- We will work directly with your trainer or coach to modify your training program during therapy
- Multiple modalities are available, both traditional and cutting-edge, to get faster results:
- Class IV Laser Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Active Release
- State-of-the-art recovery systems
Our Tucson Physical Therapists Have Worked With Athletes From:
- US Olympic Team
- US Paralympic Team
- Major League Baseball
- USAT & ITU – World Champion triathletes
- UCI – World Champion cyclists
- Crossfit Games – Regional competitors
- USPA – National record-holding powerlifters
- American Ninja Warrior
- Athletes from many other disciplines in the US, Canada, South America, and Australia.